The Perfect Cup – Article
What is the perfect cup of tea? It’s a good question, and the answer may be different depending on who you ask. For some, tea just has to be served with lots of cold milk. Others may prefer their tea with just a little sugar – or nothing at all. However you enjoy your favourite tea, here are a few tips to get the absolute best flavour from Red Rose.
Much ado about Milk!
The subject of whether to add milk to your cup before or after your tea can be a hotly contested topic. In Britain, for example, adding milk before the tea was supposedly generally associated with working people, whereas adding milk after tea was indicative of middle and upper classes.
Milk or no milk, before or after, you can count on Red Rose’s signature taste to shine through in every cup.
Hot black tea
- Any good beverage begins with quality water, so remember to always start with a fresh batch of cold H2O. Put the fresh water into a kettle and bring it to a rolling boil.
- You may wish to warm your teapot or mug by adding a small amount of boiling water and swirling it around. Make sure you discard the water.
- Place your Red Rose tea bag into the teapot or mug. If you are using a large pot you may want to use more than one tea bag, depending on how strong you enjoy your tea.
- Add the boiling water to your teapot or mug. It is important that the water be very hot in order to extract the Red Rose flavour sufficiently.
- Allow the tea to steep between 3 and 5 minutes. Avoid steeping for longer.
- Remove your teabag(s) and add milk, sugar or honey, as desired.
Iced black tea
Fresh homemade iced tea is so simple and delicious you may find it habit-forming.
- Bring 3 cups of fresh water to a rolling boil.
- Add the water to a teapot with four Red Rose tea bags.
- Steep for 3 to 5 minutes, according to taste. Remove tea bags.
- If you enjoy your iced tea sweetened, stir in 1 cup of granulated sugar until it dissolves.
- You may also add ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice for a citrus flavour.
- Allow the hot tea to cool down, then add 5 cups of cold water to your mixture.
Recipes sourced from Homebasics.ca